Welcome

Hey everyone! I'm Elder Weston Barnes, a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm originally from the Southwestern corner of Missouri just outside Branson. I left my home of wooded hills and long windy lakes for two years to serve the Lord here in Vancouver. This blog is dedicated to sharing my story and helping others understand what I believe.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Receiving Inspiration


Something incredible happened the other day. There has been a question that has been weighing heavily on my mind for the past few weeks. It is in regard to a friend of mine that has been struggling with their testimony. I had gotten to the point that I felt cornered in as to what I should do to help. It was clear that I needed guidance like many other times in my life when I felt lost. I prayed more earnestly to my Father in Heaven then I have recently. After I inquired of the Lord what I should do I felt impressed to read Jacob 5 from the Book of Mormon. Starting in verse 49 the lord of the vineyard asks "What could I have done more for my vineyard?" Then the servant responded, "Spare it a little longer." The lord of the vineyard knew what needed to be done, he posed the question for the benefit of the servant. I had received my answer by likening the scripture to my situation (1 Nephi 19:23). In essence I need to hold in there a little longer, until I receive further direction. It wasn't the answer that I was looking for but I found peace in it knowing that He is aware of my struggles. This may seam like a simple thing, but the principles I've learned from this can be applied to larger difficulties. My testimony of both praying and reading the scriptures have been reinforced from this experience. I know that God hears and answers our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment