Welcome

Hey everyone! I'm Elder Weston Barnes, a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm originally from the Southwestern corner of Missouri just outside Branson. I left my home of wooded hills and long windy lakes for two years to serve the Lord here in Vancouver. This blog is dedicated to sharing my story and helping others understand what I believe.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Purpose

This is my first blog post ever so if I'm doing this wrong please feel free to correct me. Before I start sharing all of the adventures of Elder Barnes, I want to post an answers to a question that I get asked almost daily. That is "why are you on a mission?" This question strikes deep because nobody just picks up and leaves their happy lives unless they're deranged or inspired. Hopefully I'm not deranged because I'd much rather inspired! Now seriously, the reason that I came out here is because I love my Lord. He has extended a call for me to serve Him and the people in the Washington Vancouver Mission. The painting "Jesus at the Door" by Del Parson helps express my thoughts. The door in this painting has no door knob on the outside, illustrating that we need to let Christ into our lives, He cannot force Himself in. The Gospel of Jesus Christ helps me to open that door in my life. It would be difficult to open that door if I didn't have the help of the Bible, Book of Mormon, and modern day Prophets and Apostles. My purpose as a missionary is to help others open that door in their lives. That is why I'm out here on my mission. I'm trying to open doors.
Jesus at the Door (Gospel Art Book [2009], no. 65)

No comments:

Post a Comment